Tuesday, June 29, 2010

JUNE

On the 10th, my hubby and I celebrated our 5th year of marriage. My, oh my, how the time flies. I still remember falling for him. Hard and fast. Those forearms and that hiney and the SUZUKI was all I needed back then.

The Father of My Children
The Stealer of My Heart
The Recipient of My Affections
The Keeper of My Joy
The Igniter of My Passions
The Eater of My Cooking
The Hero of My Love Story
The Disrupter of My Sleep
The Subject of My Daydreams
The Tickler of My Armpits
The Poker of My Ribs
The Balancer of My Craziness
The Manager of My Remote Control
The Love of My Life

My hiney, it still tingles
When you walk in the room
And thanks for the children
You helped put in my womb.

The End.



Cason had his first cold this month. A doozy. Had to use a nebulizer and antibiotics. The lovely daycare snots got the best of him, you see. It wreaked havoc on him for a mere day or two though and he was back to himself. We have started veggies and fruit in the evenings. The next step in our quest for solid foods will be eating at school… what fun!

Lucas was able to go to VBS this month and he thoroughly loved every minute of it. The theme was Saddle Ridge Ranch. He had fun doing crafts, playing games, singing new songs, playing with friends, and most of all learning about JESUS! Some of the things he learned:

Bible Story: God Creates Adam & Eve (Genesis 2:4-24)
Life Application: I am God's greatest creation. I can praise Him.
Bible Verse: I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well. Psalm 139:14

Bible Story: Joseph Recalls God's Provision (Genesis 45:1-14)
Life Application: God cares about me. I can trust Him no matter what.
Bible Verse: Casting all your care upon Him, because He cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7)

Bible Story: Jesus Visits Zacchaeus (Luke 19:1-10)
Life Application: God has a plan for me. I can have a relationship with Jesus.
Bible Verse: For I know the plans I have for you - this is the Lord's declaration-plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Bible Story: Jesus, Our Example (Luke 5:16; Luke 4:14-16; Mark 6:30-46) (Teaching that Jesus prayed, went to church, and cared about others)
Life Application: I can be like Jesus. I can follow His example.
Bible Verse: Make your own attitude that of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 2:5)

Bible Study: Go to it! Do it! (Philippians 4:4-9 )
Life Application: I know what to do. I can live in ways that honor God.
Bible Verse: Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives
to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)
That was quite a busy week! VBS was complete on Thursday night. Friday, we attended the closing ceremonies for the 2010 HBBA Tball. Lucas was so proud of his “home run trophy” as he calls it! Can’t wait for next season.


Other than that, we’ve been doing lots of swimming, fishing and having fun outdoors. We have recently met some new friends that live in our neighborhood and are enjoying getting to know them (shout out to Summer).

For Father’s Day, we made Heath some special cheesecake cupcakes. We also got him a new water hose (he wanted one!), and Lucas picked him and Papaw out some fishing lures. I was so proud, he picked them out all by himself. Daddy and Papaw couldn’t be happier. After Heath got off of work, we spent the afternoon with Dad and Mom swimming. Fun times, I LOVE SUMMER TIME!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, The Gift Closet. I enjoyed the sweet poem about your hubby & the Bible verses/studies. Happy Anniversary! I am a native Texan myself. ~wink~
Hope you have a Happy 4th! :)

Heather
The Gift Closet
www.thegiftcloset.blogspot.com

Post a Comment