Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011

I thought about doing a 2011 recap post today but I feel like if you have read my blog at all this year - you have pretty much lived the recap with me. You know the highest points… the birthdays, accomplishments, projects, and celebrations. A few of you know the low points, too!

All in all, 2011 has been a pretty amazing year! 2011 brought me so much joy with our families and amazing friends. I realize over and over how blessed I am. And I don't take a minute of it for granted.

Last year my only New Years Resolution was to pretty much "just survive". I knew more than ever that having two kids, a full time job, a couple of part time gigs, baseball, Kindergarten, and various other commitments (church, weddings, showers… must I continue?) would be hard (understatement of the year) and I didn't want to make resolutions to be more organized or to lose weight or to read more because thankfully I enough wisdom to know I just needed every ounce of energy I had to take care of my little family, myself, and keep our home running. Let me tell you, that was a great resolution.


Sunday during Children’s Church we talked about goals- what goals were good (cleaning our room without being asked to, reading our Bible as much as we watch TV, and eating our vegetables- definitely all areas in which I can improve); and what goals were bad (skipping school, eating nothing but candy all day, never taking out the trash). Working with kids never ceases to amaze me. Their little minds are so unique and intricate. I loved hearing their ideas about their goals for the new year and seeing them reach deep down in their hearts for ways to improve their character.

This year my goal again is to just survive. But I'm feeling a little more in control these days finally. So I might want to try getting healthier and hopefully lose some weight. I hope to get WAY more organized. I hope to spend more time each day with Jesus. I hope to share my faith more with boldness. I hope to serve God more and serve others a lot more. I hope to give more than I get. I hope to love people I don't feel like loving. I hope to be a better mother. I hope to guide my boys to be amazing little people. I hope to be a better wife. I hope to be a better friend. I hope to be a better daughter. I hope (this is a big one…) to have a cleaner house.

I'm going to need a lot of Sonic drinks and a lot of prayer to get make it all work!

But most of all - I hope to just treasure every single moment. I hope to fill my days with the joy and laughter of my kids and husband and cherish the laugh lines on our faces. I want to make my husband feel like the luckiest man on Earth, and make sure, even though I tell him multiple times per day, that my love for him is stronger than ever.  Recently it has become that much more apparent that we really never know when it might be our last day. We never know what tomorrow may bring. I want to just survive this year and live the best life day by day I can.

I have a feeling that 2012 is going to bring many changes around our household. New plans and dreams are almost close enough to reach out and touch.

What about you? What are your goals/hopes/resolutions for 2012?



0 comments:

Post a Comment