Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas week

This week has been awesome! I worked Monday so that I could help with our Christmas party at work. But I have been off every day since then and it has been so nice! Heath was at the deer lease from Monday-Thursday. During that time, the boys and I got a lot done and also had so much fun. We had a few more homemade Christmas gifts to finish up... 



...Finished product. I had three  16x20 prints made (Lucas, Cason, and this one), then cut three 2" boards to fit the pictures. Painted the boards black, added a hanger to the back, mod-podged (is that a verb?) the pictures to the board... and there ya go. They look GREAT when hung on a wall. The thick 2" boards give a really neat, chunky look. I'm making some for our walls next!! Mom and Dad loved this easy, inexpensive gift!!
We also cleaned out some toys from their rooms, and did minimal everyday housework. We tried some new recipes for some holiday goodies (got this recipe for mini pineapple upside down cakes from pinterest, of course!)...




We rearranged furniture, and finished wrapping Daddy and Papaw & Nana's gifts. After Heath got home Thursday, we enjoyed spending the time together as a family playing, eating, visiting with friends, and even spent a day shopping with Papaw and Nana! I got to feeling festive one evening ... curled my hair and dressed up an old shirt with this adorable flower pin (made by Kate).  Isn't it amazing how the littlest thing can totally get ya going?


 
 

 
 
The rest of our time was spent enjoying one another, exchanging gifts, and of course... eating! We are so blessed and fortuante for all of our family and friends. I, for one, feel so completely blessed to be married to my best bud and have two sweet little boys with him. He spoiled me once again this year. He bought me a watch and a ring that I've had my eye on for quite some time, in addition to several other little treats.


The boys opened their stockings Saturday night:



 Then, gifts before church on Sunday morning. Heath actually had to wake the kids (and me!) up this year. The boys got three big gifts. We figure if three gifts were good enough for baby Jesus, surely that is good enough for us!! That crazy elf Skeeter had to have his hand in on things of course. Lucas' "big gift" was an X-Box 360. When we got downstairs, Skeeter had unwrapped it and by the looks of things, played ALL night long! Cason's big gift was a Jeep Powerwheel. He LOVES it. The weather hasn't been ideal for outside play today (very wet, muddy, freezing cold). Hopefully tomorrow we can get outside and enjoy it!

After church, we went to Mom and Dads for lunch and to let the boys open gifts from them.  We had deer steak, mashed potatoes, salad, rolls and blackberry cobbler. We all pitched in to get the food cooking...







 so that we could open gifts.



And now, we are worn out from playing. The house is quiet, except for the snoring (wonder who that is?). I am finishing up this post and my bowl of cobbler, then joining them! Hope you each had a very blessed Christmas! Happy Birthday Jesus! (Lucas got a kick out of singing Happy Birthday to Jesus at church this morning)  2011 was a great  year... looking forward to even more adventures in 2012! In fact, I probably won't blog again until next year... wow, thats a thought!

I can't successfully complete this post without posting this... it just wouldn't be right.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kate Jackson said...

LOVE the picture of Heath at the end - totally hilarious. I'm glad you guys had wonderful holidays, and that flower pin looks ADORABLE on you! See you soon!

The Jackson Family said...

That pic was taken in Conroe traffic on Friday! You can imagine... Hope to see you guys soon!! I love my pins, by the way!! I'll be needing some springy ones soon!

Post a Comment