Monday, April 29, 2013

what's in a name?

Someone asked me recently, “If you had another boy (or baby) - what would you name them?”


This started a very interesting conversation.

I love baby names!!! Pretty sure we aren't having any more babies but I still can't stop myself from thinking of baby names. Luckily Heath doesn't actually have to agree to any of these. ha!

If we had another boy - my top picks would be:

Wesley Walker (Wes)or William Walker (Will)

Wesley is a huge family name on my Grandma’s side of the family and Walker is her and my Grandpas last name. Heath’s Dad is William (Billy). I love last names for first and middle names.

I if we ever had/have a girl (and if we do have another it will be a total God thing because we are NOT “in the market”), I would like to go with an "M" name:

Maren Elizabeth

Mattison Elaine

Maggie Emelyn

The “ME” trend was not intentional… those are just the combinations of several names I like. I would like an “MJJ” since those are my initials but “MEJ” is ok too.

However, should another baby ever come into our lives, and my OCD kick in, I would almost be required to name him or her Sonnie. Which isn’t bad. My Grandpas nickname was Son, and I also think Sonnie is cute for a little girl. And pretty playful for a boy too.

Why Sonnie, you ask?

You see, as most of you know, we currently have Lucas and Cason. I did a post once about where each of their names "came from" and why we chose them. 

We totally did not plan this and did not realize until Cason was a few weeks old and our 4 year old smarty pants Lucas said, “HEY – look. LUCASON. Our names go together!” So what other name would continue that trend? Sonnie.

LUCASONNIE

And then of course Heath brought up the fact that were we to ever have a daughter, he’d love to somehow name her after his Dad, who’s middle name is Dee. BUST.MY.BUBBLE…

So there you have it – our non-existent daughter has been dubbed none other than:

Sonnie Dee.

Poor kid.



2 comments:

Kate Jackson said...

Oh my word, that's hilarious! Not to be confused with Sunny D, right?

The Jackson Family said...

a delightfully sunny orange beverage full of florida sunshine!

Post a Comment