Friday, April 5, 2013

Perfect


I have been working on this blog for what seems like days... Start, get interrupted, forget.  Repeat. 
 
Anyway, Do you want to know something? I'm so guilty of wanting to capture the "perfect" holiday pictures. The ones where our kids are perfectly posed in their sweet coordinating clothes with sweet, angelic looks on their faces...maybe even sweetly holding hands with big, squinty-eyed grins.



 I'm not sure why I put that pressure on myself sometimes to capture life that way. Maybe that is the way I want to remember it? Maybe that's how I want our family to be perceived? Either way, perfect isn't the norm around our house.


Sometimes our kids stand on furniture at the end of meals in clothing selections that are less than adorable...
 
Sometimes our kids beg for no more pictures and wiggle until we let them run free....
 
Sometimes our perfectly behaved children stick their tongues out at the camera or make very un-perfect faces
 
 

Sometimes (or every time) our kids fight when we attempt to get a "perfect" picture of them together....

Sometimes they are over pictures and sometimes I look like a crazy lady by the last few attempts...


 
No, this is not my long lost daughter.  But she is my cousin's daughter and one of the sweetest little gals I know.  Even she was tired of my camera!
 
When I look back on this season of our life, I am confident these are the pictures I will love most. The real ones. The ones of us doing our perfectly imperfect life together.


The fact is, our family is far from perfect, our lives are far from perfect, and we are really crazy, flawed individuals.
 
 
Saw this.
Loved it.
Trying to remember it daily.



And I LOVED this post by Beth Moore. This is EXACTLY what I have been struggling with for the last few years. I can't tell you how much relief her post gave me. We all have different passions. Mine may be different (or much smaller) than yours - and that's okay.

And on a similar note - Kelly Minter wrote a great post. If you feel like what you are doing is not significant or important ...........read this:
 
I'm almost certain that God makes the Ornery ones cuter on purpose.
 

 
Gosh I love this little mischievous boy.

1 comments:

Kate Jackson said...

I love ALL your boys so much! And I think the perfect pictures are the ones that are completely imperfect.

Post a Comment