Friday, August 5, 2011

WHAT a week....(minimal whining)

We have had such a wonderful week! No, really, we have! (can you sense the sarcasm?)  In all reality, this week hasn't been that awesome. Not tragic, or terrible, but pretty blah. So, I took a couple of days off. These days definitely improved the overall outlook on things! We did some house hunting, shopped for school clothes (school clothes??!  i have a kid old enough to need school clothes?? where did time go??), and just hung out.  We also did a few other things, like:

worked on potty training (i swear- my "under the sink cabinet" is not usually in this condition- Cason "reorganized" it for me)
 bribed Lucas to eat an oyster on the half shell.  He was brave- he took the whole thing and didn't gag once (better than I did the first time). He earned a whole DOLLAR. In my opinion it was worth at LEAST a ten.
 organized my Scentsy area. I know, it is still pretty messy, but trust me- much better than what it was!
 played with a puppy.  Cason LOVEEEEEEEEES puppies.

 And, last but not least.... LUCAS DECIDED HE NEEDED A HAIR CUT. So, he..... CUT it.


Lesson learned.  He's had a cap on ever since. I keep threatening to make him go to his first day of Kindergarten this way, but I think we'll break out the clippers instead! Is it a right of passage for every kid to take scissors to their head or something?


This weekend we have a few plans, including a wedding, a possible trip to Splash Town, and dinner with friends.  As a wedding gift, I made this:

 
(took their wedding invitation, cut into strips, and put it into a glass Christmas ornament! isn't that cool?)
At some point, I'm going to break out this wreath I made a while back.  I've got some cute camoflauge ribbon, some (fake) shotgun shells, some wooden deer, and a small wooden gun that I want to attach and put at our friend Chris' grave!  Can't wait to see how it looks after I put it all together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment