Saturday, March 23, 2013

So Glad.



I have to tell you that I’m SO glad its Friday and so ready for the weekend. The first week back at school after Spring Break is a little jarring to the system. Especially because Lucas brought home some math homework that involved fact families, and fractions and some other math-related word that I wound up having to Google - that's sad. Remember - he's only in the 1st grade...So, that sound you heard was my head exploding.

Numbers are not my gift.



Unless it’s figuring out what 30% off $49.99 equals. Except that’s not true. Even then I just kind of round up to my best guess. That’s why I think everything costs $15.00.

So - back to the weekend we are. Thank goodness!! Last weekend, we went to the State Park here in town and became one with nature - it was great and so very needed.

Last Saturday night, all was quite after a busy day. Dinner was over. Baths were over. I had just settled the boys in their beds and went to check on little bit. He asked me if I would lay down "wish" him. I told him I would after I cleaned the kitchen. I figured he’d be asleep before he called me on it.

After I cleaned up and ate a little snack, I decided to see if I could figure out why our computer was acting weird. I leaned into the Luke's room and he was sound asleep. Then I peeked in to Cason's room, and he smiled right back at me. He was waiting for me. He patted the spot next to him on the bed and said, “I saved a ‘pot for you.” I grinned back at him and walked into the room. Then he pointed to the pillow laying next to his own and said, “I pudda pillow out.” It was all I could do to keep from bursting into tears. he was waiting up, he cleared a spot on his bed for me, and he’d even gotten me a pillow to lay my weary head on right next to him. Well, there was no work to be done at that point. I crawled into bed with him. He checked to make sure I didn’t need covers. Then he rolled over to face me and held my hand. His little face was six inches from my own. I smoothed his crazy blonde hair and kissed his face and prayed he would remember this 10 years from now. I fell asleep minutes later. And I don’t even nap.

We are all in such a hurry. I am the worst offender. Oh, but I almost missed this. I almost hurried myself right past this sweet time. And he probably would have fallen asleep eventually without me, but then I wouldn’t have followed through on my promise and he would have gone to sleep sad. I don’t want to hurry past these moments. I don’t want to miss even one if I can help it.

So This weekend, we are not doing too much at all other than relishing in these sweet moments, resting and maybe a few small projects together as a family - no huge plans!

I am so old... But, as I said earlier, this week has been nothing short of jarring - literally something going on EVERY night this week. Baseball. More baseball. AdvoCare. Baseball. Work. Meetings. Late nights due to Legislative Session. Laundry. Webinars. Phone calls. Birthday planning (shhh). Baseball. Groceries. I digress. Sheesh.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment