Thursday, March 10, 2011

Still playing catch up...

I feel old. I have found that if I don't blog daily, or soon after something funny or significant happens... I forget!! I had several topics floating around in my head this week, but things at work have been nothing short of chaotic. You see, I work for the grand ole State of Texas - Department of Criminal Justice to be exact.  And, Texas, you see, is in a bit of a pickle given the current massive budget shortfalls.  For TDCJ that equals... you got it, a Reduction In Force.  That, my friends, is stressful.  Given my current position, in a high profile office, makes it even more stressful.  I was fairly confident from the beginning that my job is safe and had that confirmed this week by my boss. However, that doesn't change the fact that people I know, people I grew up with, and people I work with daily were effected.  Sad business. 

Anyway, everything going on at work, plus everything going on at home (grocery shopping, t-ball meetings, Scentsy activities, etc etc etc...) has left my blog on the back burner. So, heres a list of some things we've been up to lately.  You know I love a good list.



 Lucas and Cody at Cody's party




Heath bought me a new camera!! I am so excited. It is brand-spankin'-new and top of the line. I have been playing with it a lot. The quality of my blog pics is about to drastically improve!
  This little baby right here, complete with an exrta wide angle lens (perfect for baseball shots!), all kinds of accesories, and a sweet bag to hold it all!





Lucas' t-ball team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, is fully up and running and we begin practice next week!!  Heath had a coaches meeting at the fields Wednesday night so the boys and I came to town with him and played on the playground nearby.  Lucas and another little boy quickly attached themselves to one another and played what sounded like their version of hide and go seek.  Cason found the slide and absolutely loved it!! I think we must have climbed and slid (is that a word?) and climbed some more. We had a great time, and despite the low lighting/twilight time of day- my camera outdid itself and got some GREAT shots... that I still need to upload to the computer!!!!!!!


Cason is chattering up a storm. He has started saying several new things this week, to include:

backpack
upstairs
outside
love you
(this is so adorably cute, it's just unbelievable)



Tuesday, I took the day off and spent some time with just Heath and Lucas. Sometimes he needs a little one-on-one time. Part of being the older kid, I guess. Afterall, he was our one and only for 4 years! We spent the day in The Woodlands.  We all had a really good time.  Afterwards, we picked Cason up from daycare and spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside at home. ((And trying out my new camera!))

Monday, the boys and I went to the park after I picked them up and played for about thirty minutes...good way to release some energy!

Other than that, our week has been filled with normal, everyday stuff.




1 comments:

The Mrs. said...

SO jealous. I want a fancy camera SOOOOOOO bad!!! :(

and BTW Lucas is such a handsome little stud! he's offically a little man!!! *tear*

AND i cant believe Cason is talking! i bet the 'love you' is freaking ADORBS!! soooooooooo glad you write this blog so i can keep up with everything!!!

Post a Comment