Friday, March 18, 2011

Quirky

I really love that word.  Quirky.  Fits me to a tee. (T?) Anyway, I have a cousin-that-is-more-like-a-sister-cause-we're-the-only-girls type cousin that also fits me to a tee. Seriously, ask her, we're like interlocking puzzle pieces. (Inside joke).  We speak our own language most of the time.  Here's a sample:

Dear L,

i saw the condo.................



i could have my own room.



the crotch of my pants is saggy. i'll never wear these pants again.



i am the queen of random.
 
MJ
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear MJ,
 
I love the condo.



You could have your own room…


I will paint your name on the wall…


My pants are saggy too. It’s a weird day. My shirt won’t stay tucked in. I look floppy.



Its St. Patrick’s day. I wore a green scarf… except my neck doesn’t want to be touched anymore. So I took it off. Now I have no green. I think the look on my face will deter those who would attempt a pinch. No no I say to them, those wicked wicked pinchers.


I want to go home.

LR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear L,

I do want my name on the wall. And my own blanket. Cason and Lucas got a blanket. I want a blanket.


We shall declare today SP Day. Not St. Patricks day, but Saggy Pants Day!

FLoppy is a more than accurate description of how I feel today.

I was wearing a green necklace. Big, heavy green stones that made my neck hurt. So it was removed. My green is gone as well. Except for the green snot that is filling my head due to my ever present SINUS infection. But, I double dog dare anyone in this place to attempt to pinch... I dare 'em. That would just make my day. Who decided that you should get pinched on St. Pat day anyway? It was probably a man! Hold that thought... I'm googling it. Don't you love that googling is a verb? (Dear yahoo, Ever hear anyone say, "let's yahoo it!"? Didn't think so. Just saying)

Ok. I am back. That was quick, wasn't it? I'm a google pro. I should work for google. Here we have it:

• Pinch me, I’m Irish

Forgot to wear green on St. Patty’s Day? Don’t be surprised if you get pinched. No surprise, it’s an entirely American tradition that probably started in the early 1700s. St. Patrick’s revelers thought wearing green made one invisible to leprechauns, fairy creatures who would pinch anyone they could see (anyone not wearing green). People began pinching those who didn’t wear green as a reminder that leprechauns would sneak up and pinch green-abstainers.

MJ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear MJ,

I will make you a blanket. Pick some colors.




I feel floppy as well. I worked a 10.5 hour day yesterday and I’ve pretty much been over today since 930 this morning.


Leprechauns. I’ve never had the pleasure of coming across one. But I love mythical creatures. I would like to meet a leprechaun. I imagine they are ehhh about 8 inches tall. Like the gnomes in “The Gnome Mobile”. I would let my leprechaun friend ride around on Penny’s back… should he be nice and not pinch me. I will even craft him a saddle… and quilt penny a tiny saddle blanket.


I am, after all, a silly doodean.


LR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear L,

First off... I didn't know what a doodean was, so guess what? I googled it. Yep, I sure did. And this is what it said:



A funny carrot red haired man who wears Kermet the frog undies when going to the George, or to GUBU where he was most recently spotted by Petra the Great.

Can you believe that sh!t? HAHAHA. You doodean!

Remind me next time to get Lucas to tell you all about the little green men. Last year at school, while they were outside, his teacher had someone sneak in and destroy their classroom and leave clover and little green charms all over the place. They turned the chairs and tables upside down, made the fish and toilet water green, and switched everyones names around. His account of the entire thing is hilarious. That night he was terrified that the leprechauns were in his closet waiting for him to go to sleep. Thank goodness this week is Spring Break and he has forgotten about that incident. However, nowadays, if his room is a mess, the leprechauns did it.

MJ
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This continued for the rest of the afternoon... Gotta love that girl.






1 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Post a Comment