Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Vault

The vault is a big, dark place. It stays locked. It has been locked for many a year. And, quite honestly, I don’t think it will ever be unlocked.

The vault, you see, is the many secrets that are floating about in my family, the secrets that are not talked about.

The vault only has one manager who holds the single key. And she will not budge. Seventy-seven years of secrets and stories lie within the vault, in her mind. Stories of abusive husbands. Drunken wives. Adolescent sex. Broken marriages, love affairs, and bastard children. These things, and so many more, are all within said vault. And my crazy family is at the root of all of them. This single, solitary person who holds all the background and history is my grandma. I’m going to write a book about my ridiculously insane family and the crazy women that run it. More to follow…

0 comments:

Post a Comment