Tuesday, July 24, 2012

tap, tap, tap: Is this thing on?

Wow. Quite some time has passed since I last showed my face around the blogger world. To say we've had a very busy summer thus far is an extreme understatement, and although I've done my best to stay up to date with reading my blog list, I've been terribly neglectful of writing my own posts. There have been several things this summer which have preoccupied me, if you will.

#1- We've watched, practiced, played and dreamt about baseball.  Baseball, baseball, baseball.  And I've loved every last minute of every game.  I've always been athletic and involved in sports but never found my groove in baseball til I got to watch my boy play.  It is the best game ever when your kid is out on the field!  Luke's team did SO good this year.  They worked and fought their way into a spot in the state tournament.  For the first time in over 30 years, Huntsville was represented in the Pony Baseball State Tournament in Burleson, Texas.  Our Hornets were quickly eliminated from the tournament, but the fact that they made it that far was so awesome and a great accomplishment for our boys.  Being there was definitely an experience to remember. 



drinking their green hornet juice and getting a pep talk from the mamas!









Cason LOVES Cody, and I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual!


Each of the above pictures were taken during the state tournament.  I do not even want to begin to process my thoughts around sharing pictures from the entire all star season.  They arrived on my computer this evening in droves.  Tons.  Hundreds, I tell you.  sevenhundredandeightysix if you're a number person.  (that's almost 800, which may as well be 1000,  if numbers aren't your thing!)  There will be a seperate post showcasing each tournament the team played in, at some point.  I think November of 2015 is likely.

We also spent another week in Seaside, Florida this year.  It was SO relaxing, SO fun, and SO needed.  I don't have many pictures from the actual beach.  I am not brave enough to introduce my fancy camera to the sand, salt and sea.  Yet.  My aunt took pictures with her camera, so once I get my hands on my copies I will be sure to share our amazing week with you all. 

Other than playing ball and going on vacation, we've spent a lot of time in the water- whatever body of water is closest and cleanest, ha!  Our boys are such little fishes.  We've spent a lot of time with friends and family, too. 

The boys have thoroughly enjoyed their newly retired Nana, who's been taking them to do all kinds of fun stuff like play putt-putt, splash at the splash pad, go to the library, and eat lots of frozen yogurt.  I think a movie date is in the near future, too! I had more pictures to share tonight but apparently, either blogger or my internet doesn't agree, since I can't get another single picture to upload.  So, here I am signing off, but this time with a promise for another picture filled post sooner rather than later!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment