Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stretch Marks...

If this doesn't explain it all... I don't know what does!

If you were to Google "Stretch Marks" (and if you were, you're having a really slow day)
here are some things you will read:


"Stretch marks are sort of a badge of honor in being a woman...and a mother."
Really? Because I would much rather wear a literal badge on my Sunday clothes than to have these things.


"Everyone likes and wants a perfect body with no special marks..."
I would agree with this statement. I would also like to meet the woman who has none on her body. Then I would like for someone to hold her down for me.


"The exact cause for a stretch mark is due to the skin being pulled..."
And here we are folks. Here's the real reason for such a name. Being pulled.
I'm pulled to the left and I'm pulled to the right.
I need to do this. But I want to do this.
This is priority. This is not.
This is easy. This is hard.
And through all of it we are being pulled.
In my 20+ years of serving the Lord, if there's one thing I've been - it's pulled.
But with every tug, I've grown, and changed. Matured and learned. I've won. And lost.
I've laughed. And sobbed.
And I have every mark to prove it.
And I wear them all...with pride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment