Tuesday, September 6, 2011

LABOR Day weekend

Well, we had a somewhat busy but relaxing weekend. I had a partial day to myself on Saturday- got my hair done, met my brother for lunch, went to hobby lobby, and then a retirement party. 


That evening the boys and I had a movie night in the living room. Sunday afternoon, we went to Willis to the new Kroger Marketplace to grocery shop (exciting huh?) Lucas thought it was so cool that they had kid-sized shopping carts and samples on every corner:




Heath got home from the deer lease around the same time we got back from grocery shopping.  The boys hit the yard to play while we talked and cooked dinner.  Suddenly, Cason ran up yelling, "mon-tah" (monster- thats his new thing).  Come to find out, there was a squirrel in the yard. Lucas grabbed his bb gun and off they went to get the mon-tah!  The little booger was so fast though, I didn't get a picture of him!



Rex wasn't sure what to think about all the commotion, and Cason was still on the lookout for that mon-tah. (notice the unbuttoned-off the shoulder look he is sporting)




Yesterday, I completed a project that had been on my "list" for quite some time. We have a coffee table that was in our living room but had to be taken out due to space and matching issues when we got new furniture.  It's been in the closet, in the kitchen, on the porch and in the entry-way ever since (6 mos or so).  So, I decided to turn it into a table for the boys. First, there was sanding to be done.  Heath jumped in and did most of the work.

 Then Papaw showed up and pitched in:
 Painting was my part:

 Of course, Lucas did his fair share, too.
 As did Cason...........

 Here's the ((almost)) finished project.  The top is a chalkboard! I also got some black wooden stools this weekend so that they can sit at the table and draw, play, do homework...etc.  I think I will do one more coat on the top to smooth things out before we put it back inside.



0 comments:

Post a Comment