Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

My boy, this boy, my firstborn son, the only child I almost gave birth to without medication, my sunshine…is turning six in a couple of days. And yesterday I was giving some thought to what we're getting him for his birthday.


And then I thought…six?

Six??

Can that be right?

It can’t be, I thought. Can it?

And then I dug for evidence.



He was five here.

 Four here.
Four here again, I think.


Three here.


Gulp.  Two here. 
I am in physical, emotional, and orthopedic pain.
My baby boy.


One here.
 I am in the grave.  I can't go on like this! I don't want to feel these feelings, I have things to do.
Send help! He looked like this... yesterday!


Okay.

That's it.  I have just expired.  It's been nice knowing you. 

I’m crying my eyes out like a hysterical mother who just looked at photos of her six-year-old son through the years.


I think I’ll go cry some more.


For the rest of my life.

Happy Birthday to you, Lucas. You fill our days with a ridiculous amount of sunshine.



You did it yesterday.


You do it today.

And call me optimistic, but I suspect you'll do it tomorrow too.


0 comments:

Post a Comment