Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast at SHE

Last week I took an early lunch break to join Lucas and his class for their Thanksgiving feast at school.  I was fully prepared to make a Subway run after lunch because I know how school cafeteria lunches work! However, I was pleasantly surprised by both the quality and quantity of the food! They served (of course) turkey, dressing, rolls,mashed potatoes, green salad, fruit, apple crisp, milk and juice. It was really quite tasty!
The kids marched into the cafeteria (where the parents were waiting) adorning their self-made Indian and Pilgrim costumes. Lucas was so excited to show me his "deer skin vest" and feather hat.





Evidently, according to Lucas, turkey is good at getting stuck in your teeth!

For their afternoon snack, each student was assigned to bring a Thanksgiving snack as designated by their teacher. Lucas was assigned cornbread muffins.  I picked up a mini muffin tin and we made them together! They were really good- too good, in fact. I couldn't keep Cason out of them so I had to put them where he couldn't reach! I didn't take a lot of pictures.  As you can imagine, the bowl of batter, an almost two year old and a six year old had my hands too full to hold a camera! But, Lucas insisted he take a picture of me (my little photographer in training).





0 comments:

Post a Comment