Wednesday, April 27, 2011

More Easter

After Lucas and my inlaws left for the evening, it was time to get cooking! I made a chocolate cake from scratch, complete with home-made icing.  I also made my signature pasta salad.





After the cooking was done, and Cason was tucked into bed, I began studying for Sunday's Children's Church lesson.  I got a set of the "Ressurection Eggs", which are a great way to tell the story of Easter to young kids.  Each egg has a special surprise inside, which helped to tell about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection.   I got two sets of eggs so that each child could hold one during the story and open it when prompted. 


After we learned about Jesus' resurrection, we colored a picture of the empty tomb and talked more about Jesus ascending into Heaven.

Next, we collected a few rocks for our Easter baskets. Yep, rocks. We talked about how Jesus died for our sins. We talked about what sin was, and some of the kids shared some things that they felt were sins. Things like being selfish, whining, not obeying their parents, and lying were what they named. We then wrote these sins on the rocks with a black marker, since sin makes our hearts black and heavy, and laid them all on the table together. Then, we took the red bandana I had with me, and covered all of the rocks, just as Jesus' red blood covered all our sins! The kids responded so well to this and it really made my heart happy! We all joined hands, prayed, and put the rocks in the baskets so that they could share with their family and friends!


Lucas and Kami



He looks bored!


Coloring their empty tombs after we learned with the Ressurection Eggs
 Once church was over, we had an egg hunt on the church grounds! Here are a few pics:





I just love looking at these pictures. I have two handsome boys if I do say so myself. They had a great time hunting eggs. Lucas is a pro at spotting those hard to find eggs, and Cason loves to do anything outside. He was having a great time running, putting eggs in his basket, and watching the other kids. That is, until this guy showed up:

Kinda freaky lookin', right? Cason definitely thought so, he competley freaked out and would NOT have a thing to do with the ole Easter bunny.
 


Up next: A trip to Lovelady to eat and hunt eggs with family!



0 comments:

Post a Comment