Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Start of something NEW

You know that feeling that starts deep down inside, as a little thought or memory, then slowly creeps up into your chest, and then your throat... That lump, that then edges its way up into your eyes, and comes out in the form of tears?


I am often moved to tears by the slighest of things - a song, my kids hugging each other, or a phone call from a friend. Certainly, you can imagine the lump in my throat as I watched my first sit on stage at his Pre-K graduation donning his Hornet green cap and gown.


And, my boy with his hand over his heart saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

Invision if you will, the pride I felt when he announced on video that he wishes to be a fireman, and save people from fires.



There was a huge smile on my face, and laughter in the air, as he did the Cotton-eyed Joe with his classmates, and then performed  I'm From the Country, while dancing with a GIRL for the first time!









What about when he walked across the stage and received his Pre-K diploma?





 And, even better, as he led his class in prayer in front of an entire church sanctuary, without hesitation or fear. Is that MY kid?




Yes, that is my boy.  As I watched and listened to Lucas pray and perform, I could not believe that my baby, my first born, that little seven pound eleven ounce miracle is now a five year old little boy. My little boy. My boy, who is anything but boring.




My boy that has a passion for baseball, who loves unconditionally, who is quiet one minute and rambunctious the next.




My boy, who can turn my whole day around with that smile and those dimples.


My boy, whose laugh is infectious.

My boy, who wants to be a fireman. A real, live fireman.



Yes, my boy. My boy up on the stage making me cry and smile and laugh all at the same time. My boy, five whole years in the making, who is about to embark upon his journey of Kindergarten. He will leave behind his beloved Ms. Jackie, and start a new adventure. 



A new school. New friends, new teachers. I can't wait to join him in this adventure and see what awaits us!




0 comments:

Post a Comment