Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wedding: Clayton & Marci

This past weekend one of my dearest friends got married. He and I have known each other since... 1st grade? I think.  He is one of my oldest and truest friends.  Two of my other best, truest, oldest friends were there also.  Here are some pics that I couldn't resist sharing.




Ashley, myself, Clayton, and Kyle


My bestie


Sharing a dance



Clayton was always a class clown!



Old buds

the groom and the preacher-man

Flower girl, neice of the groom. She isn't much older than Lucas. She and her family lived near us when they were babies.





First dance as Mr. and Mrs. Smith


The DJ's... shout out to Carey and Jeff of Lonestar Sound
Clayton did something during the reception that made everyone cry.  You see, his mom has battled breast cancer numerous times. Four, I believe. In his speech, he turned to her and told her of how once, when he was in high school and she was going through treatment, he walked into her hospital room to find her praying. He said he'd never spoken of this night to anyone, not even her.  In her prayers, he heard her plead with God to just see her baby graduate from highschool.  And then, if He would please just let her see her baby get married and start his own family.  At this point, everyone in the place's face was wet with tears.  He said, "well, Mom, you've beat cancer three times since then and here we are... you're baby is married to a beautiful woman and we are starting a beautiful family" I thought it was a huge gesture for Clayton to do something like that in front of all of those people. Below, Clayton's older brother Richard, Clayton giving the speech, and him and his Mama dancing. I think this picture is worth more than 1000 words!




The groom and his mom sharing a dance... so sweet!



I had a great time catching up with old friends while helping Clayton and Marci celebrate their new life together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment