Sunday, September 23, 2012

a little of this...

and a little of that. 
 We've been spending a lot of time lately, just focussing on the important things,
like spending time with family. 
 Because, as we started our week two weeks ago, on September 11, 2012, we were reminded of how important family is.  We were reminded that we are not promised tomorrow.  We were reminded that no one is exempt from heartache and loss. 
So, we have been laying low, remembering, reminiscing, and focussing on the important stuff.  
Stuff like running to Grapeland at the last minute with Papaw and Nana. 
 
We've spent a lot of time outside, because most of you know that the outdoors are our sanctuary.  
 
 
 
 
 
On September 11, 2012, we lost a friend.  He wasn't perfect.  He made a lot of mistakes in life.  But I am sure of one thing... before he passed that early Tuesday morning, he was ok.  His heart was in the right place.  And he is in no more pain.  He is with the One that loves all of His children regardless of their past.  It is weird... I will have to tell you about it sometime.  It's like he had a premonition and knew his time was short.  He made things right with a lot of people before he made that U-turn that morning.  He asked for forgiveness from the right people before the accident that took his life.  A man I love and adore once said, "you never get over it, you never forget it, but you just learn to live with it".  So, we have been doing just that. Living with it. 

RIP Kyle Lane Webb- you certainly left tattoos on this town. 



Down where I was born was heaven on earth
Where  the Trinity River washes that brown Texas dirt
The sun sets slow and the stars shine bright


We raised cotton and corn, a little cane and kids
You either lived on a farm or wished you did
And Jesus always walked close by our side
Where I grew up, we rode in trucks

There's a lot about life we learned on the bus
How to lie, how to fight, how to kiss, how to cuss
The closer we sat to the back, the smarter we got

We were poor, we were ugly, we were all best friends
Wide-eyed, baptized but still wantin' to sin
Thank God, we get more than just one shot
Where I grew up, we rode in trucks

That's us haulin' hay in the field with the radio on
That's us headin' straight into town when the work was done
In my mind I can still see us now, ridin' down Jack Schaeffer Road
It wasn't that long ago

We thought tobacco and beer in a can
Was all it would take to be like our old man
Then I saw how it made my momma cry

It was huntin' and fishin' and football games
Then it was girls and everything changed
Fallin' in and out of love, we rode in trucks

That's us with our tailgates down in the parking lot
That's us with mud on our tires when it rained a lot
In my mind I can still see us now, ridin' down Jack Schaeffer Road
It wasn't that long ago, it's a part of my soul, yeah It's a part of my soul, yeah

Down where I was born was heaven on earth
Where the Trinity River washes that brown Texasdirt
The sun sets slow and the stars shine bright
Where I grew up, we rode in trucks

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment