Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bryson is 1


Most of you (ok, all of you) who read this blog know me very well, which means you have been keeping up with my friend Bryson for the past year.  As you may know, Bryson was born with an extremely rare lung disease.  In fact, the disease is SO rare ... it's about as common as finding a penguin in Puerto Rico (to hear his dr. tell it).  That disesase, PIG (click here for more info), combined with the even more rare genetic mutation, is unheard of. He is truly a miracle.  I won't go into all of the details, but this little boy just amazes me.  He has defied all odds during this last year.  He is ALWAYS smiling and laughing and is just such a happy baby.  He is a true joy to be around.  His mom, my friend Brittany, was telling me tonight that he loves to pull his trach out of his neck and watch them all flock to him in a panic... then literally roll over because he is laughing so hard.  People like him really are what makes this world go 'round. 

I had the honor of taking pictures for Tim and Brittany during Bryson's party, so I thought I'd share a few with all of you:


 
 
 
This is Bryson's friend Noel.  She was one of his nurses from the very beginning. He loves her!
 
 
Gah. I am such a sap.  This picture of Bryson's grandpa (Tim's dad) just makes me cry.
I LOVE this family so much.
This family is such an inspiration.  They have truly been to the ends of the Earth and back this last year.  Their faith was put to the test in one of the hardest ways possible...by holding their child and not knowing from one hour to the next what was to be.

The middle brother Mason is so much like my Cason and  he just warms my heart with his smiles and freckles.  I love these boys like they were my own.
 
 

Bryson thinks his papaw is pretty cool.
 
 
And he loves his Granny too!
 


Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment